Here are a few quick Maui beach and snorkeling tips for anyone looking forward to maximize the fun.
- Protect your lips from the sun with 30 SPF lip balm or higher.
- Never leave your valuables unattended at the beach.
- Maui’s trade winds typically arrive daily at 10am.
- Don't forget to sunscreen your feet.
- The coral reef is a living organism and standing on the reef could break a piece off, or kill the corals polyps.
- Check to see if your sunscreen is water resistant.
- The Hawaiian sun is strongest between 11am - 2pm.
- Be careful of crashing waves and ocean currents. Even if there are no breaking waves, the ocean current can be strong. Ask a lifeguard for tips.
- Ocean tides during the day can change the sea level by 3 feet (.9 meters), so make sure you don't have your valuables too close to the waters edge.