Maui with Baby
- If traveling with an infant, bring a day or two of diapers and baby wipes and stop at Costco, Safeway or Foodland to pickup a bulk package. Don't waste your luggage wait on items you can easily pickup here on Maui at a fairly similar price than home.
- Be mindful of bringing noisy toys on the plane. The airplane noise can cover much of the noise, but best to bring some simple, quiet toys if possible.
- If you're renting a crib of pack and play, your young one will often sleep better if you bring your sheet from home, so they acclimate better to sleeping in a new environment that first, second and third night to start the trip off.
- Although we would love to rent our baby rentals to you while visiting Maui, many of the larger resorts do have baby equipment available for guest at no charge. Best to check with them, often the housekeeping department has the best knowledge of what they have. But make sure that you make your request for the baby equipment with a reservation specialist of your resort. If they don't supply, the items you need, we have over 100 products for rent, which we would be more than happy to deliver to your resort, condo, airbnb, VRBO or home.
- If you're breastfeeding and have full bottles you would like to bring through TSA, just let the TSA agent know as you arrive at the TSA table. You should have no issues getting the bottles through.
- If you young one needs a sun hat for vacation, I would suggest shopping for that prior to arrival to make sure you have one they are willing to wear and not constantly tear off their head.
- Bring a thin, cotton blanket for a makeshift , yet breathable shade for the sun in the car, stroller or restaurant chair. The Maui sun is more intense than most realize. Even if your baby or toddler isn't red, they are still receiving sun damage if they are exposed for even short amounts of time in the sun.
- Make a carry-on checklist! A list of things you need for your baby or kids in your head isnt enough. Create a written list long before you leave, and check it before you take off for the airport.
Hope this helps!